Thursday, June 26, 2008

Wall Art and other things...

Ok. Here is my first altered piece that I can actually use as decoration. I have been wanting to do this for a while now, and just now followed through with it. I took this wooden frame and painted it black. I took 6, 12x12 coordinating patterned papers and trimmed them to fit. I used Mod Podge to adhere. I added the "S" inital which is for our last name. Voila! It was sooo much easier and quicker than what I thought. It may not be really anything special, but I sure am proud of it! Not sure if its because I made it myself, or if it was because the whole project couldn't have been more than $7! Now its hanging on my living room wall.


What's everyone else up to? This is such a busy summer for us! I don't remember things being this busy last summer?! Kyle's baseball team has made it to the championship in baseball. They have a game tonight and the winner goes on to play for District. Woohoo! They are so excited. They played a such good game last night. I'll have to post pics soon. Stop by and leave me a comment! I wanna know what your summer has been like!
The weekend is almost here! yay!
Have a great one!
~Ronda

6 comments:

Tricia said...

Ronda, I LOVE that project, the BG papers are some of my favorites, I may have to try doing something similar.

Deanna said...

LOVE this idea Ronda! Looks great!

Margaret said...

Wow that is great I love to alter things too

Brandy said...

i like it! would look great in a scraproom...hmmm...

Jaelan @ Making Mrs. M said...

Aw, thanks! I use a digital Rebel EOS :)

Cheryl L. said...

Beautiful Ronda!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails