It was really hard this Thanksgiving not having my Brother around. It just felt like he would walk in any minute. We all miss him so much, and couldn't help but think about him. We had a great Thanksgiving, but there was definitely a void.
I snapped some photos of my nephews, Blake's boys, playing around and being rambunctious.
This first photo is of Blake when he was a baby. The next is Zach is oldest son, and then Brendan. It is such a beautiful thing to be able to look into their faces and see my brother. I know I will not see him on this earth again, but it takes my breath away to be able to see him in his boys. I am thankful to God for that.





I'm so grateful that God can take a situation that the enemy intended for bad, and turn it around for our good. I'm so thankful that God is helping me and my family through this. I believe that I can trade all of my sorrows and pain, and can lay them down for the joy of the Lord. I'm thankful the Word says He gives us the oil of joy for our mourning, peace for our despair. I'm thankful that the Bible says He gives us peace that passes all understanding. I'm grateful that I can look at my nephews and get a glimpse of my dearly missed brother, and it brings comfort during sorrow.
Saturday, November 29, 2008
I can be Thankful...

Posted by
Ronda Simpson
at
7:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







14 comments:
Thank you Ronda. We had a great Thanksgiving. I feel so blessed to have my husband and a beautiful baby girl to share the holidays with. I know it must have been tough this year without Blake there. His boys are absolutely adorable.
God bless you during this holiday season. What a blessing to be able to see your brother in his sons!
I'm glad you find comfort in your faith. I was talking to my aunt who lost her daughter and she was telling me how happy she is knowing that she is with her own mother in heaven. Everyone deserves strength and comfort and I'm glad you find a little in your nephews.
Big Hugs Ronda what a terribly hard time for you and your family but what a blessing that you can "see" your brother through his children!
Your brother's boys are adorable! I'm so glad that you were able to see the good in it and have a nice holiday. I can't imagine how hard it has been for you. I still keep you and your family in my thoughts! {{Hug}}
sending you a thousand hugs my dear... *hugs*
aw {{hugs}} Ronda! I can't even imagine how hard this is to be going through during the holiday season! God bless you and your family!
You snapped some cute pics of your nephews. Thats so cool that they resemble their father. Im sure the holidays will all be a struggle for a bit. (((HUGS))).
What a wonderful heart you have...those are some mighty cute little ones :)
I am truly sorry that you had that void this holiday! I am sure glad that God allowed you to see your brother in his boys!!!
I'm late in seeing this, but what a blessing to be experiencing God's peace in the midst of such a hard time. I'm glad you're making it through, though I'm sure it's not easy. Hang in there! Stay strong for those boys!
I certainly can understand the void, but I am so glad that you and your family still had each other during the holiday and that you are keeping the faith to make it through these difficult moments!
i think it is amazing you can be so strong and faithful through what must the hardest thing. you are lucky to have his kids near you, they are going to need you too! big hugs
Oh Ronda, your post brought tears to my eyes. Looking in the faces of those sweet, precious little boys made me think of my own two little guys and how much they would miss their Daddy. I'm so blessed and have so much to be thankful for. I'm so glad that you have Jesus to wrap His loving arms around you and it sounds like He is doing a good job. You are a testimony to me!
Post a Comment