I'm so glad the weekend is here! Yay!
Things have been pretty busy around here. I celebrated my 30th Birthday Wednesday! Yep--no longer in the 20's. It's hard to believe. Where did the last 10 years go?!! Wow! I received lots of goodies from my family and friends. They are the sweetest ! Jake surprised me with a birthday cake, that is one of my favorite!!!! And it is a big deal for him to surprise me, because He either gets too excited and ends up telling me beforehand, or I figure it out. He's not very sneaky, but totally sweet and thoughtful of him!! I got a Yankee candle and gift cards from Hobby Lobby from Jodi, and my brother!! A gift certificate for a pedicure from Amy & Mrs. Cheryl. Woohoo! I got lots of cards, calls, and emails. I was also surprised with flowers from Amy and the P & W team at church, they were absolutley gorgeous! The arrangement had one of my favorite kind of roses in it called Leonidas. Beautiful!

So what else has been going on....Kyle has been busy with baseball and school. I'm so glad baseball was finally over tonight!! He wants to be involved with every activity that takes place. I finally had to tell him I cannot handle anymore activities! These kids are trying to wear me out! lol I'm so proud of him though. He made all A's on his report card last 6 weeks! Next week the GT class will be taking a trip to San Antonio. Jake and I are going to go along with him, and Kyle is so excited.
Madison---well, she's just been Madison. LOL! She has been busy socializing and hanging out with her friends this weekend. That girl is always up to something, and you never know what she is going to do next. Her "busy-ness" comes in helpful when I need her to do something for me. I can count on her to get the job done. :)
Makenzie is just a little sweetheart. The other two kids stayed the night at friends last night, and she was alone. So her solution was to have her very own movie night. So we took a special trip to the store to get her the "sweet" popcorn, some Kool-aid squeeze bottles, and some chex mix. She had so much fun. I made her a pallet on the floor of her room, and she had tons of pillows and watched movies until she crashed. She said it was the best night ever!
I'm still trying to figure out how to live life again after losing my brother. I have explained to people that I just don't feel like "me" anymore. I don't feel like I will ever be the same again. I have to learn how to live with that void in my life now, and its very hard. I'm still dealing with the fact that it actually happened--my brother is gone. I can't ever talk to him again, or hear his voice, see his smile. It hurts so bad. I just don't know how people move on. How do you do it? Some days I can manage, other I don't even want to get out of bed. I almost feel as if I am being fake when I go on about my life, because its not how I feel on the inside. I'm so thankful for my friends and family's prayers, because that is what is getting me through. It was hard on my birthday not to get a call or text message from him saying, "Happy Birthday!" like he usually would. I miss my brother.
Hope you all have a great weekend!
Friday, October 17, 2008
Update on the Simpson household...

Posted by
Ronda Simpson
at
9:23 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







10 comments:
Happy 30th B-day!!! Sorry this is late!!! Still have you in my prayers!! lots of luv....
Happy 30th Birthday! I am really sorry you have lost your brother. I don't think you ever "get over it" but when you think of him (over time) it does get a little easier to bear. I hope your birthday was fun! and forty is even better!
fun update Ronda! glad you posted =) sounds like a wonderful way to step into your 30's!! welcome to the club =)
its actually pretty fun!
I am so so , sorry about your brother.. I can't imagine what you're going thru. cling to Jesus.. he's the true comforter. May you feel a sense of peace soon.
Happy Belated birthday girlie.. Welcom to the 30's... I just celebrated my 30th birthday back in August.. feels so strange to leave the 20s behind huh? Just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you.. HUGS! Nancy
Hi there. We've never talked or met but I feel as if I can relate to how you are feeling somehow. I lost my mom in January of this year...she was 57. She went in for elective surgery and never recovered. I have had feelings and emotions all over the spectrum that others can't relate too. I, too, feel like I will never be the same...I am soooo sorry for the loss of your brother. Unfortunately, I can imagine the pain that you are going through and I would never wish that on anyone. You are in for a long road ahead...I would be lying if I told you otherwise. Please feel free to contact me...I am so sorry for your loss...I truly mean that.
Ronda,
I too have lost a brother at a young age and though it now seems impossible for you,the pain and sorrow will ease as time goes by.
Hang onto your good memories, pull
them out when you feel sad. Lift up
your parents in prayer, my Mom said
that she felt so alone when my brother died. I am holding you up in prayer.
Norma
sharingjesus-goodlistener@blogspot.com
I KNOW how hard this void is for you, Ronda! I feel the same way as I go about my life without my dad AND my babies here with me. And I just recently started having bad dreams about my dad and now that all has me concerned. I do pray that you find a sense of peace and comfort though... easier said than done, I know. Yes, somedays will be better than others, but the void will always be with you unfortunately.
But I am so glad that you had a super sweet birthday and got lots of attention and pampering! The flowers were beautiful that you got there!
Take care, girl and stay strong! :)
happy birthday and {{hugs}}. i can see how much you loved your brother just by how you talk about him. what an honor to have a sister like you to carry on his spirit. the bonds siblings have area amazing. my mom used to have a saying on her wall that said: may there always be such love between us that when one of us cries, the other tastes salt." big {hugs} girl!
I am glad that you had a great birthday, Happy birthday!
I know what you mean about trying to go forward. I recently lost my mom and I have good days and not so good days. I do take joy in knowing she is in Heaven with Jesus completely healed. But it is still hard. I know that they say over time it gets easier, and I am sure that it does but it is often quite hard to imagine your loved one not with you.
I will pray for your peace. That you find that strength and lean upon your family and friends. Reach out and talk to people too, I find it quite comforting because people do really care.
Still praying for you Ronda! I know it is very hard. It will get better, even though it is hard to see that now!
Post a Comment