Saturday, May 23, 2009

May Madness!

Wow! What a month!! I've been such a bad Blogger! I blame Facebook!LOL! Shame on me!
We have had SO MUCH going on this month, it's been a madhouse around here! Just one more week of school left! Yippee!! I'm so glad summer is here!!! :)
So what's gone on this month.....
Jake and I celebrated 12 years together this month! Holy Cow! Look at us! :) I just thank God for what He has done in our lives! 12 years is a big deal these days! LOL! Jake has been really busy with work, and when he is off, he is busy with the Fire Dept. I'm so glad our local ESD was voted in, not only for the obvious reason, but so he isn't gone to a city council/fire dept. meetings every night.
Here are some pics from Mother's Day...I even let the kiddos take turns taking the pics! LOL! Not the greatest, but it was fun!

What else....
My Scrapbooking has been non-existent!!! Not only have a not had the time, but my computer that has all of my photos and editing programs on it has crashed! I think my Photoshop and Camera software is conflicting and causing it to shut down! SOOO frustrating! I need to get my "computer wiz" brother-in-law over here to take a look at it....so I can get my life back! LOL! Here are a few projects I did back in April, using the Simply Obsessed April kit. They are totally unedited because of my PC probs, so excuse the quality!


On to the kids...
Thanks to the Swine Flu, every school function in May, was rescheduled to the last 2 weeks of May....blah!
Kyle started baseball, and we have been busy with 2 games a week! I love baseball season, and watching them play! They have come a long way since T-Ball!! I can't believe they'll be going to Jr. High next year! Kyle's 5th grade class took a Field trip to NASA and had a lot of fun. Here are a few pics...
and his GT class participated in a Scrabble Tournament this year. They didn't win a trophy, but had a blast! He finished up with his 4-H Shooting Sports, and placed 5th in the County.
Then today, we had a 5th grade Luau and the kids really enjoyed themselves! They didn't want to leave!(don't have pics to post yet!)

Madison and Makenzie just finished up with Gymnastics for the season. They learned so much this year! I'm so proud of them! We got to go last week to "evaluation" night to see what they have learned all year. We are scheduling for them to take private classes in tumbling this summer.
Here is Makenzie, Shalyn (My friend Shawna's daughter), and Madison, after receiving their medals! My camera wasn't wanting to cooperate, so I took this one from my Blackberry. It's kinda fuzzy...


The school had Field Day/Fun Day yesterday, and lots of fun. I just ended up looking like a lobster! I made sure the kids had sunblock, but forgot about myself! Oops! Here are some pics from Field Day. Kyle did the 50-yard dash, but re-sprained his ankle, and had to sit out after that! :(




So finally, I can take a breath and relax after this month's madness. Now, my main goal is to find my house again! It's been totally neglected during the craziness! (No, I will not post a picture of that!)
Now that things have slowed down a bit, it won't be so long before I post again!
If anyone out there is still reading this, hope you have a great Memorial Day weekend! Stay safe! :)

6 comments:

sharingjesus/goodlistener said...

Rhonda,
Not a better way to spend your time than doing/watching your kids
and their projects.
You will never regret the time spent with them, they grow up and away so fast. Your house will always need something !
You are a great Mom.
Norma

Lisa said...

What a whirlwind month! I remember those days and truly miss them. Enjoy this time while you have it. They grow up way, way too fast! Love all the pics!!!

AmyG said...

Yep! May has been CRAAAAAAZZZZYYYY!!! But look at us, we survived (well almost!!lol) So glad the kids are out of school and things can slow down atleast a little bit! We've just got to remind ourselves to enjoy this time while it lasts.... won't be long they'll be all grown up and all we'll have to do is sit on our porches and rock!!!hehehee

Ronda Simpson said...

Thanks ladies! I know you are right. I always hear everyone says "enjoy it while you can". And I do, just wished it wasn't all packed into one month! haha!! :)

Cheryl L. said...

WOW! It has been a busy month!! Looks like a lot of fun though!

Jodi said...

What great photos!! Sounds like you been really busy!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails