Tuesday, January 29, 2008

New project- New technique (for me anyway)


I had SO much fun doing this LO. It took a little longer than I expected. It was my turn to post Tip/Techniques Tuesday @ Scrap-Tastic, and Amy shared one on Scrap-friendzy the other day, that I wanted to try. She got the technique from the Autumn Leaves Design With 2008 Calendar. Its really neat!

The technique was trimming your page to allow for overlapping elements.

How To:

To ensure overlapping elements- like the scalloped paper, circles, and arrow shown on my LO- don't extend beyond the edge of your page protector, cut the page to allow space for it. The resulting page is still only 12" tall but allows you to have a decorative accent extend off the page!
It was really fun to try, and adds so much to the page. Its something fun to try, if you are bored with what you always do. Or, if you are like me, and like to experiment around with different techniques.

7 comments:

scrapfriendzy said...

This is an awesome LO!!!! He is such a cutie!! You did a great job!! might do a little
"liftie-poo" on this one!!!
~AMY

Elizabeth said...

this looks awesome!! i felt so stupid when amy talked about trimming the page down.. I have several pages where I have ribbons and flowers hanging off and now they won't fit in my albums!!
love the color on this page!

Brandi said...

Great page! I don't know why I never thought of cutting it to fit! Duh! And now I've got all these pages stacked up that don't fit in the protectors! LOL!

Cheryl L. said...

This is sooo cute! he is one handsome little guy!

AmyG said...

Your header looks great!!! Good job digi chick!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

balade très agréable au travers de ton blog.... je reviendrai....

Related Posts with Thumbnails